Tuesday, April 26, 2005

60. A Song of Ascent

Last night I dreamt I was climbing up the side of a beautiful, enormous, ornate stone building, which I knew was a house of worship. I kept losing my footing--my heart would race, time after time, and I'd start to slip, sure I would fall--but I managed to hold on. Finally I reached the top, and everything was OK.

When I woke up, I remembered that many of the Psalms are called "songs of ascent." I found Psalm 121: "A Song of Ascents. I will lift my eyes to the mountains: from where will my help come? My help comes from God, Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip, He will not slumber--your Guardian."

I'll be offline for a week or so, maybe less, navigating though mitzrayim, a narrow place, with the help of both heaven and earth. I hope to be back soon. See you shortly, whomever you may be.

No comments: